New NYS CRC Registry by 9 Digit Zip Code*
April 28, 2012
Dear Fellow NYS CRCs:
For Full Terms of Service and Use – click here.
For Full Security Statement – click here.
For Full Safety Statement – click here.
1) If you would like to stay on the [email protected] mailing list, please reply to this email indicating so.
2) If you would like to be added to the new “NYS CRC Registry Database” for advocacy actions by your 9 digit zip code:
a) Please reply with your 9 digit zip code – you can find it here:
b) Your username for the posting on the Registry Statistics Page (will be located on this page) https://nyceda.org/new-nys-crc-registry-for-advocacy-and-actions/ and will be posted by using random numbers following the abbreviation CRC and the nine digit zip code. For example my username would look like: “NYS CRC135 11215-5052”.
This is to maintain privacy. Your name and email will not be posted or shared with others. Emails for NYS CRC Actions will be kept separate from other emails NYCEDA uses to send announcements of trainings, services, etc…
3) This is a friendly reminder that any emails you receive from [email protected] will be sent using blind closed copy (Bcc) email feature or using the service below:
Thanks again, feel free to share this information with other CRC’s and students.
* WHY DO WE NEED THE NINE DIGIT ZIP CODE OF CRC’S?
1. Because most legislators prefer or will only accept correspondence from New Yorkers living in their district. We may call upon certain CRC’s to relay advocacy emails or letters to those legislators. Specifically, Assembly person Deborah J. Glick, District 66, Chair of the NYS Assembly Higher Education Committee where our licensure bill is housed.
2. 9 digit zipcodes offer the most accuracy when looking for NYS legislators representing New Yorkers in our Capital (Washington, D.C.) for other CRC Advocacy campaigns (WIA, VA, DOL, RSA legislation).
3. Even if CRC’s become licensed in NYS, advocacy and legislation is further needed to obtain laws allowing for third party billing of rehabilitation services – in all areas including individual services, managed care and health care reform.
2,161 New York ZIP Codes, how many CRC’s in each zip code…?
[Look for an infographic coming soon…]